The first six months of this year, over 230 clients have sought help from the Crisis Centre.
The full report on 2012 clients is available here.
The full report on 2011 clients is available here.
The full report on 2010 clients is availiable here.
Click here for a summary sheet on WCCC.
According to the Ministry of Police:
• Since 2000, 2,753 women were victims of physical abuse
• 1304 convictions have been made under general assault in
Tongan Law – that means that 47% of all reported cases
become criminal convictions
• In 2000, 113 domestic violence reports were made to the Police
• In 2009, 404 reports were made = more than 1 case reported
• 4 women and one child was killed in domestic violence related
incidents in 2009
Over 300 cases of domestic violence, sexual violence and child abuse were reffered to the Crisis Centre in 2009. The full 2009 report is availiable here.